31 Ağustos 2010 Salı

Being Daisy: Chapter 2

Tom went out early this morning, said he had a job in the city and he won’t be back until the next morning. He is lying, I can tell. He is probably gone to see that woman again. I can’t believe he would do this to me, and right under my nose! That woman is not only calling at dinnertime and disturbing my house and my family, but she is stealing my husband, and the father of my daughter away.

When Tom leaves me like this and goes to see that woman, I sit down by myself on the porch and just look at the gorgeous view. It makes me calm down, clear my mind. I just sit down and think all day; about what I should do, and what I would do if I were to ever meet this woman. I would just tear her down, pull her hair, and just jump on her like a wild animal; that is what I feel like doing. I wonder, though, what this woman really looks like. Is she beautiful? Tall and thin perhaps… Is that why Tom chose her, and is spending time with her rather than being home with his wife and daughter?

This whole thing, Tom having a mistress, gives me nothing but depressed thoughts and stress. I don’t need this in my life, I tell myself, but what other choice do I have? Should I leave Tom? Sometimes, I get so mad at him that I just want to slam the door and never look back. I wish I could do that right now. Just when I always go to get my jacket, reality hits me and stands in my way. I think of our three year old daughter, and our marriage. Tom is really a good husband, he might be cheating on me right now, but he never raised his hand to me; if he wanted to leave me and go with this woman, he had so many chances to do so. A part of him still wants to stay married to me, and that is more than enough.

I cheer myself up bit thinking about the good times, back in Chicago and the year in France. Just when I start to think of all the good things, I hear that sound. The metallic shrill of the phone still rings in my ear from that night. I get furious. I have to stop doing this to myself, stop torturing myself and think about what Tom is doing with that woman right now. I need to clear my head, and keep myself from thinking about those two. I wonder if Jordan is awake, so we can do something today. I better go check on her.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder