31 Ağustos 2010 Salı

Being Daisy: Chapter 3

I woke up to a beautiful morning that day. The sun was shining into my room, Tom, who had arrived late last night was sleeping next to me. I lay down still on the bed. I thought that I was lucky, to have a family. My family might be broken, but I was still lucky; most of the people out there wanted what I had, and the rest were worse off than I was. I am lucky.

Thinking positive things helped me start off to a beautiful day. I stood up, filled with joy and went to take a long shower. After my relaxing shower, I went downstairs to prepare my family a breakfast that they deserved. I was thankful to have a husband, and a beautiful daughter, and this was the least I could do to show them this.

We had a lovely breakfast. I was going to invite Jordan to join us, but she had already left. It was a very peaceful morning; the sun shined bright right above us. After I cleared what was left of breakfast, I came back out to the porch to enjoy the bright day. I looked around, everything was so peaceful and quite here in East Egg; while it was the opposite on West Egg. There were a lot of men meddling around an enormous garden, preparing for something. It looked like an extraordinary party. I just sat there, watching these men. I wondered what they were preparing for; they looked so busy. For a moment, I felt like driving all the way to West Egg to that party.

Around noon Jordan came back, got dressed and went back out saying that she was going to a party. I wondered if she was going to the party in West Egg. If she was, I wanted to go with her; but I couldn’t be sure, and I didn’t have the courage to say. I bet she was going to that party though, it must be one of those legendary big parties that she always attends.

After Jordan left, I took a nice nap. I was having the most pleasant dream when the sound of sweet music woke me up. I hurried outside to look at what it was. It was coming from that gorgeous mansion in West Egg. The men that were meddling around this morning did a great job, I could tell from all the way here. I stood at the door of my porch, watching the party. Laughter and chatter rose from the mansion next to the music. I wanted to be there. People looked like they were having so much fun, I wanted to be a part of the fun.

Tom had to work again, so it looked like I was alone tonight. I could have gone to that party, I wanted to, but something stopped me. I wasn’t sure if it was the same thing that stopped me from leaving Tom, but it was sure similar. I took a jacket and went outside to the garden. The sun was about to set right now; a whole day had gone by so quickly. I walked around the garden watching and listening to the party. It looked so amazing that not just me, but everyone wanted to be there. I heard Vladamir Tostoff’s Jazz History of the World playing, it was one of my favorite Jazz pieces; and looks like it is one of the favorites of the host’s as well, since he requested the song. I wondered who the host was to this party, and I wanted to meet this person who could throw such a great party.

It was getting cold outside, so I went back in, tired from that walk. I fell asleep on the bed, listening the music from the party that now seemed far away.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder