31 Ağustos 2010 Salı

Being Daisy: Chapter 4

It was a lonely day. I had the house all to myself again. Jordan went out, said that she had things to do in the city and then she was going to meet Nick for tea. I am happy for them, there is now no need of me to set them up. They look amazing together. I couldn’t be happier for them.

Although I am happy for him, I am upset and annoyed with Nick. He is supposed to be my cousin, but he hasn’t called in weeks. I thought that since we now lived close to each other, we now would be closer as well. How can we be closer, if he doesn’t call? I missed him, oh so much; but he calls Jordan instead. I am not mad at him for calling Jordan, since he is interested in her. All I am saying is that he can also call me once in a while. Maybe, if he called of course, I wouldn’t feel this lonely. Let’s face it, I have a family, but I am the lonely person in a crowd. When I am alone in the house, like today, the house looks so big, and I feel so small.

When Tom came back tonight, he said that he saw Nick in the city at lunch. I want to go to lunch with Nick someday, I need to see him. He might not have missed me, but I sure missed my dear cousin and I intend on seeing him. Tom also said that Nick was at lunch with a man. A man that is a gentleman, from what he saw. Right at that moment, I stopped. My stomach got tied, and I couldn’t speak. He said that nick was having lunch with someone named Gatsby.

Tom asked me what was wrong after he told me the name. I couldn’t tell him, I didn’t have the heart to tell him. I told tom that I was going to take a shower and rushed upstairs.

Gatsby? Could it really be? The Gatsby, My Gatsby from years ago. I waited and waited for him, but he didn’t come. That is why I married Tom. I do not regret marrying Tom, but Gatsby… I haven’t heard that name until six weeks ago, when Jordan mentioned him. Even then, I snuck out to her room and asked her about this man. I wasn’t sure that it was the Gatsby from years ago, like I am still not sure now. But even just the name Gatsby, is enough to send shivers down my spine and make me feel something that is buried deep in my heart. I want to meet this Gatsby fellow. It can’t be him, can it? Everything seems so confusing right now. Questions come and go in my mind. A part of me wishes that it is my Gatsby and that part also wants to see him so much; but the other part of me is numb, I don’t feel anything, and that part knows that it would be dangerous to see Gatsby, even after all these years. But I know, what have I got to loose? It won’t hurt to check this man out. I want to see him. I want to see Gatsby.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder